Thursday, May 29, 2008

Aw Gunn.

ANGEL:AFTER THE FALL # 8 is on sale soon! In addition to Gwen's story and a sweet short tale featuring how citizens of Los Angeles dealt with going to hell, it's chock full of Gunn revelations.

Gunn's tale is co-scripted by Mr. Scott Tipton (he of the brilliant WESLEY issue of ANGEL SPOTLIGHT, a ton of great STAR TREK books, and ANGEL:AULD ANG SYNE), and one of the covers is by Tipton's frequent collaborator David Messina (aforementioned STAR TREK books, AULD ANG SYNE, and Spike's FIRST NIGHT tale). Here it is now!


I so love this cover. It reminds me of Art Adams' work, which is the highest compliment I can give an artist. I hope you like it too.

More answering of your questions later today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this cover! Definitely one of my favorites so far. Between this cover and the Angel #1 DC cover...well I am just in cover heaven this month. :)

Anonymous said...

I knew it was Messina's work when I saw it in the back of Angel #7. Love his stuff. I really really can't wait to read this!

ryan marshall said...

can't wait for the Gunn and Gwen stories. First Night Part 2 especially the Kate story was the greatest.

DAVID MESSINA said...

"It reminds me of Art Adams' work, which is the highest compliment I can give an artist."

Art Adams is one of my favorite artist (along with Hughes and Hitch), and the first which art I fall in love,when I was a child...this is really a great compliment for me, Brian, I'm flattered!
And THANKS to you all guys!
I'm back always willingly on this characters and it's good to read your words!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a terrific cover, and I for one am very much looking forward to Scott's contribution. I loved all his Angel/Spike books. The Wesley one was awesome.

Deborah