Friday, February 13, 2009

Last ATF Answers Part III

Let's keep the answer train comin'!

Chapel_Perilous said...

This is probably one whose answer is "I don't know" but:

Are the After the Fall and Season 8 time lines concurrent in any way (will we see a crossover, are the events of one affecting the other, are they going to share characters)?

It seems like AtF ended with a coinciding plot to Season 8, but it doesn't seem like they're going to meld, anyway.Delete

Don't know the future plans of the BUFFY book. Sorry man and/or lady.
OpenID enisy said...

I think you'd told me to get back to this question after the series was over, so... In hindsight, is there anything you'd change about "Angel: After the Fall" and "Spike: After the Fall", if you had the chance to do them all over again? (Because the fans didn't quite "get" it, or because you think you could have done better, or or or...

No regrets! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Well, someone just asked who that glowing guy was in SPIKE:AFTER THE FALL, so maybe I would have made that more clear. I really wish FIRST NIGHT came out as one big book, so the main story didn't have to take such a long breather.

Delete

Anonymous Angelman said...

HI Brian,
Are there definately plans for an ongoing Angel title after the Aftermath and Drusilla issues are done. After hearing all the news about the Spike series (and that Angel will be in it), and nothing more about the Angel....just wanna make sure:)

February 13, 2009 3:04 AMDelete

Oh yes, there are plans.
Blogger SaveALemming said...

I can't think of any questions related to Spike or Angel at the moment (and I've gushed aplenty about them at the AngryNakedPat Board) so I'm gonna ask something esle that's been bugging me a bit:

What happened to The Sims movie? Your bloggy thingy used to make reference to writing a movie based on a popular video game and that's gone, the IMDb page is gone.... Is the movie gone? No big loss, if it is I suppose, and definitely not if it had another writer; I just thought it could be a fun concept with you at the writery helm.

As always keep up the good work!Delete

I will try, thanks! After coming up with the story and pitching the story and then writing the outline and first draft, I think Fox has it out to different writers. I guess the plan is to rewrite me, or start from scratch, but I honestly have no idea. I just hope if my name's on it, it doesn't stink. That's all I hope. Oh, and I'd like a DeLoreon. And a talking fish.
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After hearing that you are working with JL, are you having a fan reaction similar to, WOW!Delete

Yes, I'm excited...and more than a little impressed with her work ethic. She has eighty projects going on (including a play wherein she plays, I believe, 7 different characters) and she's still taking the time to work really hard on the story for these two issues. I feel terrible because my east coast/cold/flu sickness has set me back on writing as much as I'd like (hence the blogging) because Juliet is juggling a billion different projects AND still doing amazing work on this one. You guys are gonna be impressed, I think.
Oh, and she's really nice. Really really nice.
Blogger Bitsy said...

What are you reading right now that you think fans of Buffy and Angel would get into? Shill for IDW if the opportunity presents itself, sir.

Off the top of my head: SCOTT PILGRIM (any volume), WORMWOOD:GENTLEMAN CORPSE (any story), anything Geoff Johns writes, LOCKE & KEY, THE WALKING DEAD, BOOSTER GOLD, Millar and McNiven's run on WOLVERINE and I just read a sneaky pete of the first issue of Ryall and Templesmith's GROOM LAKE and it is awesome: gory, scary, hilarious.
That was a good batch! Thanks guys!

6 comments:

SaveALemming said...

I thought it was pretty clear that it was Angel in the mystic coccoony thing. I did re-read that bit a couple times to make sure, but what it read like to me was Dragon approached Spike because he didn't understand what was going on with Angel and wanted Spike to help him. Spike sees glowy coccoony guy, gets burned, says 'bugger this' and, well, buggers off, unsure of what the Dragon really wanted him there for. And the last shot of the Dragon looking kind of scared and worried topped it.

PatShand said...

Yeah, definitely came across quite clear that Angel was the glowy, healy guy.

Sucks about The Sims, hope they keep some of your stuff and your credit.

Definitely agree on Wormwood and Locke & Key, and so jealous you got a sneakish peek at Groom Lake.

Anonymous said...

Brian,
I just wanted to say "thank you" for 17 wonderful issues of Angel After the Fall.

Quite honestly, issue 17 may actually be one of the best issues written. Made me laugh and it made me feel sad (not necessarily in that order).

Anyway, thank you very much once again.

Connecticut is proud of you!!

Rich L.

Anonymous said...

.... You havent answered my other question yet.... So I think if you answer this it will already count as 1.

I realized its a full moon when the last issue(17) is happening. It is shown quite clearly while they were driving to Silver Lake and the "Welcome to Silver Lake" was popping right in fron to us..............

My question is, why is Nina not in Werewolf form? As in the hairy half canine form? She's a werewolf, yet she isn't showing any fangs or whatnot..........


How come?

Anonymous said...

.... You havent answered my other question yet.... So I think if you answer this it will already count as 1.

I realized its a full moon when the last issue(17) is happening. It is shown quite clearly while they were driving to Silver Lake and the "Welcome to Silver Lake" was popping right in front of us..............

My question is, why is Nina not in Werewolf form? As in the hairy half canine form? She's a werewolf, yet she isn't showing any fangs or whatnot..........


How come?


.... Just trying to correct grammar errors.

Anonymous said...

Is she becoming like Oz? From what I recall, he's able to control the transformations? Is it just the time? Does it have to be at a particular hour of the night? Are you going to expand on this in your future comics?