Friday, February 13, 2009

Last ATF Answers Part II

Second part...

Scarlet Ibis said...

I'm daring to dream here, but on a scale of one to ten, what is the probability of there ever being a Spike/Angel (concrete and not just a hint at) pairing? And how do you feel about the two of them?Delete

AnonymousLike, dating? I'd say maybe a three? And Xander can videotape.

I love Angel, and I love Spike. And if those two crazy kids want to be together, then I will support their decision.

Emmie said...

Not a question here, but I just wanted to say thank you for the interview you did with Buffyfest at NYCC (I'm midway through the second part right now). I really appreciate all the time give you give to interacting with the fans and it was great to actually see you talking about the characters. Your enthusiasm and love for them and their story shone through.Delete

It was my pleasure. Buffyfest peeps were awesome, by the way. Four of the nicest people I met at Comic Con. Good times.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Im new here-
Just wanted to know something...

who was that "electric man" (or demon) that Spike saw in "Spike: ATF"?
(You know, the man who was on fire on that house that the Dragon told Spike to go)Delete


It was Angel.


Anonymous Allycat said...

It was announced that you're going to write an on-going Spike-series which will run along close to the Angel-series. You also said you were too busy to write the Angel-series yourself as well. Will you be taking an executive producer role over the Angel-series, given the fact that you have a larger overall view of the Angel-part of the Buffyverse?

Nope, again, time constraints. I have to earn a living, lest my house get taken away and I am forced to write SPIKE scripts on napkins. So my day job (screenwriting) only kinda allows for writing one comic on the side. But if any writers have any questions, I try to help best I can.

Will the on-going Spike series have a subtitle and if so, what will it be?

I kinda wanted to call it THE ADVENTURES OF SPIKE, just to make it sound different from books that came before it. Also toyed with SPIKE UNLIMITED. But it'll probably just be "SPIKE". The different arcs will have subtitles, though.

Beck and Tok are rumoured to show up in the new series. So, will readers need to be familiar with Asylum and Shadow Puppets to understand the new series?

Nope. We'll take time in the SPIKE series to explain who everyone is. BUT if people have read ASYLUM or SHADOW PUPPETS, it'll make the experience all the more fun.
And besides, people should read them. They're good. I wanna hardcover ASYLUM/SHADOW PUPPETS. Please! No? Okay, fine...

...that's it for now, more later!




4 comments:

PatShand said...

I have a dream that one day IDW will rise up and put out the collection we've all been waiting for: A hardcover "Asylum" and "Shadow Puppets."

I have a dream that one day in too-croweded rows of my comic shop, the story that was once only collected in paperback will be set next to the other glorious hardcover tomes.

I have a dream that one day even the fans who say "All I care about is canon" will be able to say "I could have bought a hardcover "Asylum/Shadow Puppets."

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged because they have softcover volumes of Brian Lynch's tales, because they have recently purchased hardcovers.

I have a dream today.

Anonymous said...

What's the future fate of Betta George?

SaveALemming said...

If you called it Spike Unlimited, the first issue has to be about Spike fighting some inept demon going through a mid-life crisis.

Tara said...

Aww. ::blushes: I don't know how I missed this the first time I read this post. Thanks that's so nice of you to say, Brian. And same here :)

-Buffyfest