Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SPIKE:AFTER THE FALL # 1/ANGEL:AFTER THE FALL Vol 1 Hardcover on sale NOW!


I really hope you guys like. I am insanely proud of SPIKE:AFTER THE FALL. We weren't even sure we were going to do it. I said I'd try and write the script and if it wasn't good I was going to toss it.

What followed was a few days straight of truly enjoyable comic writing. I had such a good time with this. It's dark, it's fun, it's full of revelations and mysteries and guest appearances. This ain't no PHANTOM MENACE type prequel, people!

And Franco's best work to date is within these pages. It's all so stunning. I couldn't be more proud.

And you know how I feel about the ANGEL hardcover. It is truly beautiful. I can't get over how classy it is, and how much better these issues read all together.

Big day tomorrow!

8 comments:

Fenderlove said...

Can't wait to get the first issue of Spike: ATF!
Alex Garner posted the cover for one of the hardcover edition on his Deviantart.com page. It's just gorgeous!

Andrew/Andy/Rusty said...

Wow I freakin loved Spike ATF #1. So good! Like...I want the next one now. Seriously.

(Stupidly, I didn't have enough cash on me to get the Angel hardcover, have to get it another time)

Unknown said...

Brian, I didn't know you had such a grudge against Charmed. After some fuzzy, conflicted feelings about the First Night series, Spike is such a welcome! It really is fantastic, his voice is just rich, and dead-on. Great job! I can't wait for the next one!

Brian Lynch said...

Not a grudge. Some of the characters don't like CHARMED is all.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did Spike: After the Fall. No 1 is just great.

Deborah

praveenboss said...

good work ... great goin... visit mine...link1

pay per head call center said...

Thank you for sharing to us.there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us

TerryB said...

Brian - not sure if you drop by this old thread, but yesterday someone was talking about introducing their kid to Angel & lamenting at how it ended (TVShow). I brought up that the story contd in Comics. I sent her some links to order the comics. It made me so nostalgic I had to go through my own comics. What an amazing collection of writing and art! Thank you!